Northern Tradition Paganism Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EtinMoot - August 12,14, 2011

5 posters

Go down

EtinMoot - August 12,14, 2011 Empty EtinMoot - August 12,14, 2011

Post  lokisthrowpillow Fri May 13, 2011 3:32 pm

Iron Wood Kindred will be hosting the fifth annual EtinMoot this August at Cauldron Farm in Hubbardston, Massachusetts. Cost is $20 per person for the entire weekend; it is a camping event, so people need to bring tents, sleeping gear, food, etc. There are hotels within driving distance. We do not provide meals or transportation for the event.

EtinMoot is dedicated to the Jotnar -- while we honor all the Norse gods, we feel that Loki, Hela, Gerda, Angrboda, Mengloth and other Jotunfolk deserve a weekend of reverence and respect as well. It is a devotional event, rather than a weekend of workshops, and there will be time for socializing as well.

Please check our kindred website for updates and more information: http://ironwoodkindred.wordpress.com or email the gydja (me) with any questions or concerns at lokisthrowpillow@gmail.com

-- Elizabeth
lokisthrowpillow
lokisthrowpillow

http://twilightandfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

EtinMoot - August 12,14, 2011 Empty Re: EtinMoot - August 12,14, 2011

Post  Lokabrenna Sat May 14, 2011 2:26 am

My turn to play cheerleader *grins*

For anyone who honors Loki and the Jotnar, this is THE place to be! Raven coined the term Northern Paganism, and so far, this is the only such festival. It's pretty much the only place to meet other people who practice the Northern Tradition and honor the Giant gods. If you can make it, I highly recommend coming, if for no other reason than I want to meet you all. I like hugging, and I can't do that over the internet. Smile

It's a small event where you can get to talk to everyone, hang out, relax, and share stories. While there are a lot of great Pagan festivals out there, this is the one that I get the most from. I go to another local festival, drum and dance around the fire, take in the shows, go to a few workshops, and socialize with my local community in a really fun way. But EtinMoot is where I get to deepen my connection with my gods, with the help of my peers and elders.

Last year, I got the privilege to serve as a helper during a trance possession. It was an exceptional experience for me, and I learned a lot from it. There's just no other place where I would have had the chance to do this. And over the course of the weekend, I got to learn about Jotun gods I didn't know well, both by participating in devotions and by hearing from those who've had personal experiences with Them. Then I went home, and put some of what I'd learned into my personal practice. It inspired me, and I'm really looking forward to this year's EtinMoot.

--
Trinity: I know why you're here, Neo. I know what you've been doing... why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night, you sit by your computer. You're looking for him. I know because I was once looking for the same thing. And when he found me, he told me I wasn't really looking for him. I was looking for an answer. It's the question that drives us, Neo. It's the question that brought you here. You know the question, just as I did.
Neo: What is the Matrix?
Trinity: The answer is out there, Neo, and it's looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.
Lokabrenna
Lokabrenna

http://www.hypnoticwishes.com/pagan

Back to top Go down

Post  admin Sat May 14, 2011 11:53 am

Sounds amazing and I'd love to come I'm just not sure the finances would be there or that we'd be able to drive up enjoy all the events and then turn around and drive back to Virginia and be home in time to go to work the next morning. I'll have to see what can be arranged my son's b-day is right before the weekend so it would make a cool birthday trip if we could somehow manage it.

admin
admin
Admin

https://northernpaganism.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bmcoomes Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:26 pm

Hello,

I've been following the event (via yahoo group) from conception but with living in Washington State it's not very practical for me to go. Plus August is a busy month for my family with bear hunting (a family event), the wife's b-day, our anniversary (our 10th this year), and the start of soccer season for the wife (she's the head coach). From of the accounts I have read it is a great event with a lot accomplished. I've tried to find events more locally but I have not had much luck.

Thanks,
Brent
bmcoomes
bmcoomes

Back to top Go down

Post  Shawn Cameron Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:34 am

I had such an amazing experience last year there is now way I'll miss this year if I can help it *crosses fingers* after all I need to show off my Mani Tattoo after my own Trance Possession experience of that event.
Shawn Cameron
Shawn Cameron

Back to top Go down

Post  Shawn Cameron Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:08 am

I was just reading up on this years event and I have to say I'm very happy to see another Manni (and Sunna) posetion planed. I just wanted to ask what day exactly its planed for as I notised that saterday is a full moon. (Last year it was closer to the new moon.)
Shawn Cameron
Shawn Cameron

Back to top Go down

Post  lokisthrowpillow Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:43 am

It's going to be on Saturday.
lokisthrowpillow
lokisthrowpillow

http://twilightandfire.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lokabrenna Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:20 am